The Emergency Rental Assistance program can help renters who are unable to pay their rent andutilities due to circumstances related to COVID-19. Expenses from March 13, 2020 to December 31, 2021 may be covered.
You may be eligible for rental assistance if you meet each of the following requirements:
- Combined household income at or below 80% of area median income
- Someone in the household has qualified for unemployment, or has experienced a reduction inhousehold income, incurred significant costs, or experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19
- Household is experiencing housing instability (for example, received a past-due utility or rentnotice or eviction notice, or living in unsafe or unhealthy living conditions)
- Applicant resides in the household and is on the lease
- Current rent and 3 months prospective rent (with a termed lease)
- Past-due rent
- Eligible fees
- Security deposit
- Utilities, internet and home energy costsHow to Apply
- Fill out the application and provide the required documents at rentrelief.utah.gov
- If you don’t have internet access, call 2-1-1 for assistance
Your application will be processed more quickly if you can provide the following documents:
- Your full lease agreement (all pages)
- A copy of your landlord’s W-9 or landlord contact information
- A ledger from your landlord showing outstanding rent and/or other fees
- Income certification
- 2020 1040 tax form (or W-2, 1099, K-1, etc.)
- Recent paystubs (30 days)
- Unemployment insurance weekly payment history (if applicable)0 Past-due utility bill (if applicable)
- Eviction notice (if applicable)
Visit RentRelief.utah.gov for more information and to apply.
If you don’t have internet access, call 2-1-1 for assistance.