The Town of Genola, Utah will hold a Municipal General Election on November 2, 2021 for the following offices:
- Mayor – 4-year term
- 2 City Council Seats – 4-year term
Those elected to fill the open positions will take office on January 3, 2022.
This election will be conducted by mail through ranked choice voting. The candidate declaration period will run August 10 through August 17, 2021 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding Saturday and Sunday.
Candidates for Municipal Office must meet the following requirements:
- The person is a United States Citizen
- The person will be at least 18 years old by November 2, 2021
- The person is a registered voter in the municipality (Town of Genola, Utah)
- The person has been a legal resident of the municipality for a period of 12 consecutive months immediately before November 2, 2021.
- The person must not be mentally incompetent, convicted of a felony, convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise, unless their right to hold elective office has been restored.
To file in person:
- Prospective candidates must file in person at the Election Office (Town Office) at 74 West 800 South, Genola, Utah during the filing period.
Candidates must file in person unless:
- They will be out of the state or country during the entire declaration period. The candidate must send a representative with all of the forms filled out, signed, and notarized. The candidate must be available by video chat while their representative is in the Election Office.
- A nomination petition is filed. Contact the Election Office for details.
Please do not wait until the last minute to file.The doors close promptly at 5:00 PM on August 17.